- Fish and chips
Try this breaded version of fish and chips with a more sustainable fish, such as pollock, seabass or red snapper.
61 people made this
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500g (1 lb) red snapper fillets
- 50g (2 oz) dried breadcrumbs
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- In a large heavy frying pan, heat oil to 190 C.
- Dip fillets into beaten egg and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Gently slide fish into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain briefly on kitchen roll. Serve hot with chips and mushy peas.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(40)
Reviews in English (31)
Used different ingredients.i used Hake instead of Red snapper i also passed my fish through beaten egg seasoned flour, beaten egg again then breadcrumbs-02 Jun 2010
very nice-02 Jun 2010
Excellent! I used FOODLOVER 22S Method twice in Egg n Flour then The B.CRUMBS..I used Cod fillets ..SCRUMMY!! MMMMM.-23 Sep 2016