- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
- Kids' birthday cakes
Chocolate buns that are easy to make with no butter!
Yorkshire, England, UK
55 people made this
- 100g (4 oz) self raising flour
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- 2 teaspoons chocolate flakes
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:30min
- Prepare surface.
- Mix the eggs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add flour and chocolate powder and fold into egg and sugar mix.
- Add chocolate flakes before spooning into 12 bun cases.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown on the top.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, and add icing and decoration if desired.
Make it healthier
You could add fresh fruit like strawberries into the mixture on add them on top! Because it has no fat in it (no butter) these are a tasty treat that won't add on weight!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (9)
You can't beat a cake made with butter! Not the greatest chocolate buns ive made. Wouldn't make again-23 Aug 2011
The minnies have just completed the taste test and these are a big hit!So easy and super quick, these will deffinitely become a regular!Great for the children to make too.I didn't have any chocolate flakes, but my daughter kindly donated a leftover Easter egg, which we broke up and added instead.-22 May 2011
These were really nice and easy/quick to make! We didn't have any choc flakes so I left them out and put a choc button on top of each one, lovely! Not as nice as unhealthy chocolate cakes but definitely worth making if you want a sweet fix with a lot less fat!-08 Jan 2011